Source data is unprocessed data (also known as atomic data) that has not been transformed into information. When data is collected in one electronic system and then moved to another, the audit trail is often lost, and the data cannot be completely checked. There are structures that allow for absolute data export, but the system into which it is imported must allow for the import of all available data fields. In several modern database systems, transaction logs are also present. Acceptance of these transaction records into any new system may be critical for any data verification.
1. What is the term used to describe an holistic approach that takes into account all available and meaningful information about a customer to drive better engagement, revenue and long term loyalty?
- Enhanced 360-degree view
- Big Data Exploration
- End to End
- Operations Analysis
- Customer Retention
2. What can help organizations to find new associations or uncover patterns and facts to significantly improve intelligence, security and law enforcement?
- Using local servers
- Analyzing data in-motion and at rest
- Satellite data
- GPS coordinates
- Using XML
3. In Operations Analysis, we focus on what type of data?
- Location Data
- Machine Data
- Binary Data
- Social Media Data
- Structured Data
4. What is a method of storing data to support the analysis of originally disparate sources of data?
- Data Lakes
- Data Mining
- Predictive Analytics
- Data Analytics
- Deep Learning
5. Data Warehouses provide online analytic processing: True/False
6. What does ‘OLAP’ stand for?
- Online Analytical Prediction
- Online Analytical Platform
- Online Analytical Processing
- Online Advanced Prediction
- Online Advanced Programming
7. What is a common use of big data that is used by companies like Netflix, Spotify, Facebook and Amazon?
- Recommendation Engines
- Data Lakes
- The Cloud
8. Is one byte binary? True/False
9. What has highly contributed to the launch of the Big Data era?
- Cloud Computing
- Data Scientists
10. A data scientist is a person who is qualified to derive insights from data by using skills and experience from computer science, business or science, and statistics. True/False
11. ‘HDFS’ stands for ____________________?
- Hadoop Data Fraud System
- High Data File System
- Hadoop Distributed File System
- High Distribution Frequency System
- High Definition Frequency Sensors
12. Data privacy is a critical part of the big data era. Businesses and individuals must give great thought to how data is _____________________________.
- collected, retained, used, and disclosed
- bought, sold, stored and analyzed
- secured, sold, downloaded and uploaded
- aggregated, compiled, saved and stored
- stored, analyzed, read and written
13. In the Hadoop framework, a rack is a collection of ____________?
- Distributed files
14. What is a method of storing data to support the analysis of originally disparate sources of data?
- Data Warehouse
- Data Repository
- Data Lake
15. The Hadoop framework is mostly written in the Java programming language. True/False
16. What is the term referring to a database that must be processed by means other than just the SQL Query Language.
17. Name one of the drivers of Volume in the Big Data Era?
- Scalable infrastructure
- An increase in cost to store data
- Competitive advantage
- Research and development
18. Value from Big Data can be _____________?
- Technical ability
19. In the video, 2.5 Quintillion Bytes of data are equivalent to how many blue ray DVDs?
- 1 Billion
- 10 million
- 100 million
- 5 million
- 1 Trillion
20. How many petabytes make up an Exabyte
21. What is an example of a source of Semi-Structured Big data?
- Cameras files
- Relational databases
- Satellite files
- Spreadsheet file
- JSON files
22. When is it estimated that the data we create and copy will reach around 35 zettabytes?
We have already surpassed this mark
23. What is the process of cleaning and analyzing data to derive insights and value from it?
- Machine Learning
- Exploratory Research
- Data Science
- Predictive Modeling
- Decision Trees
24. What is the search engine used by Walmart?
25. An example of visualizing Big Data is___________?
- Agile Governance
- Temperature on a map
- Closing your eyes and imagining it
Semi-structured data is a form of structured data that does not conform to the parametric structure of data structures associated with relational databases or other types of data tables, but also includes tags or other markers to distinguish semantic elements and implement hierarchies of records and fields within the data. Structured data is data that can be analysed because its components are addressable. Relational data is an example. Semi-structured data is information that is not stored in a relational database but has certain organisational properties that make it easier to analyse.