- You must have an hourly contract
- You must have a client with a verified billing method
- You must log your hours with the Upwork Desktop App
- You must write out activities performed in the Work Diary with memos or activities labels
- You must exceed the contract’s weekly time limit set by the client
Upwork Fixed-Price Protection employs escrow to help ensure that the customers receive the work they’ve requested and that you are compensated for finished work. Clients who make fixed-price deals deposit a milestone payment into escrow before you start operating under this scheme. Upwork Hourly Protection can cover hourly contracts. According to the weekly billing cycle, your client is automatically invoiced and paid for the hours you log. All time logged in your Work Diary is automatically invoiced to your client using the schedule below, whether monitored or added as manual time.